Set sail and discover the volcanic activity of Santorini on this volcano tour. Your tour includes sailing, hiking, swimming, and dinner at sea. Explore the volcano, soak in a volcanic hot spring, and witness the stunning beauty of a Santorini sunset with dinner on the aqua waters of the Aegean.
- Experience a true adventure as you tour the active volcano of Nea Kameni
- Relax in the therapeutic hot springs created by underwater volcanic activity
- Enjoy a delicious meal and sample local wines on board the Aphrodite
- Marvel as the gorgeous sunset paints the sky turning the quaint white houses of Oia into multi-hued gems
Get ready for a once in a lifetime experience that perfectly combines adventure and relaxation on this guided tour of the active volcano in Santorini.
- Board the Aphrodite in Athinios Port
- Tour the Nea Kameni volcano
- Relax in volcanic hot springs
- Enjoy a tasty dinner onboard the Aphrodite
- Watch the gorgeous sunset over Oia
Tour Options Include:
- With Transfer - Take care of all the details with our 70 euro package that comes complete with convenient pick-up and transportation by bus to and from the ship at the Athinios port.
- Without Transfer - Arrange your own transportation to the old port of Fira for your tour with this 65 euro package.
Explore the Volcano
Your adventure begins with a hike to the top of the active Nea Kameni volcano, passing between craters, multi-colored stones, and lava rocks. Experience outstanding views of the volcanic landscape, the Santorini caldera, and the gorgeous Aegean Sea. Smell the sulfur in the air, witness steam escaping the vents, and touch the warm ground to feel a hint of the amazing heat just beneath the surface as you walk along the rim of the active volcanic crater.
Bathe in the Hot Springs
Your next stop is the volcanic hot springs near the neighboring island of Palia Kameni for an interesting opportunity to swim in volcanic waters. The sight of the volcanic water mixing with the clear waters of the Aegean makes for an excellent photo opportunity. The therapeutic bathing experience allows you to feel the slight warmth from nearby volcanic activity while you soak in mineral-rich waters. Don’t worry; the water is only a few degrees warmer than the surrounding ocean.
Experience a Sunset at Sea
Back on board the Aphrodite, your sailing experience continues. Enjoy the calm waters and beautiful scenery as the crew prepares a scrumptious meal. Enjoy onboard dining and sample some of the local wines that Santorini is famous for while the sun settles low along the horizon. You’ll be awestruck as the sunset colors the sky in fantastic shades, highlighting the picturesque white houses of Oia in greens, golds, and pinks.
On Board Menu
Your culinary experience is prepared fresh onboard and includes:
- Pork and Chicken wraps
- Baked potatoes
- Greek salad
- Tzatziki (a traditional sauce made from cucumber, yogurt, and garlic)
- Fresh, seasonal fruits
- Local wines
- English speaking guide and crew members
- Buffet style meal onboard complete with renowned Santorini wines
- Comfortable, air-conditioned transport to and from the ship with 70 euro transfer option (65 euros without transfer)
What’s Not Included
- Volcano entrance fee (approx. 2.5 euros/person)
- Personal expenses and optional gratuities
When you choose the 70 euro package, your bus transfer to the Aphrodite is included. You will be advised of a pick-up time and a convenient meeting point based on the location of your hotel after booking your volcano tour. Tour start times will vary based on each day’s sunset.
When you choose the 65 euro package without transfer, your tour will meet at the old port in Fira. We recommend purchasing tickets to take the cable car from Fira Town down to the port rather than walking down 580 stairs. You will be advised of a meeting time after booking your volcano tour. Tour start times will vary based on each day’s sunset.
Know Before You Go
This tour involves some walking and hiking, so we highly recommend wearing athletic shoes or comfortable walking shoes to explore the volcano.
Sun protection like sunscreen, sunglasses, and hats are also recommended, especially during the warmer months of late May through September.
Don’t forget to bring your camera, swimwear, and a towel to help you get the most from your tour. We recommend not wearing light colored swimwear as the mineral-rich volcanic waters could stain them. It is also recommended that you remove jewelry before bathing in the hot springs.